Friday, January 2, 2009

UWINK



401 Castro St
Mountain View, CA 94041
(650) 965-8100

Average ratings, on a scale from 1 to 5, with 1 being excellent and 5 being poor:
Food Quality/Quantity: 2.56
Pricing: 2.67
Atmosphere: 2.33
Service: 2.67

most hip and up to the times restaurant I've ever been to
[Karina, meatball sandwich]

I thought the games were fun, but they meant you didn't really have a chance to talk with your friends. I eat out to spend time with friends, and I thought all the technology detracted from that. In addition, the food wasn't really worth the price.
[Sarah, chicken sandwich]


The Food Quality and Quantity





The fish in my fish tacos was a little bit too breaded for my tastes. All in all, it was a rather average taco. The coconut rice that accompanied my tacos was simply amazing. It is the main reason why I would want to come back.

I thought that my meal was reasonably priced for lunch, at about $6-$7 including tax and tip.

The games were really fun to play, but paying in cash, separately was kind of a hassle.
It's a really great place to go for the first time, but I don't know how much fun it would be a second or third trip.

When you think about it, touching those computer screens while you eat is a bit gross. I wonder if they clean off the screens between customers.
[Leslie, fish tacos]

Pricing:



The games were fun, but they might be boring the second time around. The prices are a bit expensive, if you pay with your own money.
[Emily, hamburger]

Atmosphere:



It was good; but definitely a big group or small group thing.
The food was very filling.. and the wait was a little long..
The games make up for it though. :D
[Suzie, bacon burger]

Service:



Service is practically nonexistent. Games are fun to play, and it's pretty straightforward ordering. Don't order the free cheesecake!
[Jeremy, Soup & Salad]

Overall, I thought that the food was pretty good. It was also nice to be able to customize your order so much.

I thought that it was a little overpriced. I kind of expected more or better food for the prices (about $10.)

The atmosphere was great. The touchscreens are unique and the games are fun (especially the group games where you can compete with everyone in the restaurant.) There was a lot of seating as well.

Service was average. It was nice to customize your order so much. On the negative side, the restaurant wasn't really set up to pay by cash so it was kind of a hassle. I recommend that you use a credit card or debit card if you have one. There was also a glitch in the system: the menu said there was free cheesecake but that was actually an error.
[Colin, BBQ Bacon Burger, Dessert Platter, Old School Cobb Salad]


The concept of UWink is great. The restaurant has a fresh take on modern dining by incorporating technology into the experience. There are touch-screen monitors for every one to two people. On these, you can order (they have a lot of fun options for customizing), play individual and team games, browse their store of promotional items, or view videos and slideshows. If I went back, I'd definitely want to take someone else who hadn't been there. While the food is just fine, you would really go to UWInk for the touch-screen experience.
As for service, I had to get up and ask the waiter for a few items that my table had ordered but hadn't arrived in a decent amount of time. I'm not sure is this was because we were a large group or not. Also, pricing seemed reasonable to me.
[Karen, Iceberg Lettuce Salad]


No comments: